J.S.B. Industries Inc.
Recognizes the growing and widespread awareness of the magnitude of the environmental challenges that we face on a local, national and global level. We also recognize that operating in an environmentally responsible manner is an important part of the value we deliver to our customers. In response we are making every effort to implement innovative and responsible environmental practices across our company.
Specifically we are committed to the following:
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations and operate our facility with all necessary environmental permits, approvals, and operational controls.
- Design our products to be safe to use and to minimize their environmental impact while meeting all applicable U.S. and international government environmental standards and regulations.
- Promote relevant “Green” initiatives by way of our employees, strategic partners and suppliers.
- Be guided by the principle of continuous improvement of environmental performance.
- Strive to buy, sell and use environmentally friendly products whenever the market place allows.
- Continue our commitment to finding ways of reducing our energy consumption and carbon footprint.
- Our Goal is 0 waste to Landfill.
The following environmental initiatives have been implemented:
- We contract waste management and recycling service to E.O.M.S. Recycling, Inc. through which we recycle all our corrugated materials, paper and scrap metal.
- Have installed energy monitoring equipment to better manage supply and provide data driven energy efficiency.
- Continue replacing all lighting with high efficiency Energy Star rated products.
- Participate with ENERNOC Corporation in their Demand Smart Energy Program, which reduces energy usage during emergencies and other critical periods
- Utilize iGPS's plastic pallets for raw ingredients which are 100 percent recyclable.
- Have developed strict SOP's for the handling and disposal of any hazardous waste through CYN Environmental Services.
- All plastic packaging used is compliant with PETE / LDPE / PP post consumer recycling.
- All corrugated materials and paper packaging meet the requirements for and are certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI). In addition they are recyclable, renewable and contain at least 44 % post consumer material.
- We have been awarded the Environmental Conservation Certificate for extraordinary efforts.
- Since the inception of this initiative we have diverted more than 50% of our solid waste from land fill to recyclable.